Tuesday, April 24, 2007

 

Yeah, yeah, I'm running behind here too!

For a while I had nothing fun to talk about, but I can bring up a few things today. . .

First, what century are we in again?? I must be naive, I would never have thought that any place in America would have this situation today.

Second, I would love to hear people's opinions about Rudy Giuliani for president. I am an independent. Socially liberal and fiscally conservative. My grief with politics is that it's too politicy and not enough problem-solvey. Giuliani seems like a problem solver to me. Someone tell me why I shouldn't like him.

One good reason might be if he's got his head in the sand in regards to global warming - I should check that out. Enough experts agree about the world being round that I feel we should move forward based on the assumption that the world is round. I naturally have some concerns about our loss of coastline and the weather being messed up, but I am mostly concerned that our refusal to treat this as a problem now will result in 100 million people in India and China being displaced or worse. They can't exactly up and move that easily.

I realize that this is a very very difficult nut to crack, but from a risk exposure point of view, if it is a real problem and if we are the biggest contributor to it, we have a responsibility to either control our contribution or be prepared to shovel aid to those that we've affected. And it will be a lot of aid. I'd rather avoid causing the problem if possible.

My biggest concerns right now are our troubles in the Middle East (although I have nooooo opinions on what should happen there - it is just far too complex!) and global warming. I hope we get someone in office that takes a good logical look at things, gets advice from the right people, and can inspire the country to follow through. I think the big G may be the guy.

Comments:
I was pretty stunned to read about the first mixed prom in Ashburn too. Just proves it still takes a lot of effort to drag certain people/views into the 21st century.

Nice to see you posting here again. Thought you had abandoned all remnants of your life for your kids :).

I admit I do not know a lot about Giuliani except how well he handled the press during 9/11 (and after), and how poorly he handled the breakup with his wife before that. In 2004 I liked McCain but no longer. I wish Gore would run but that is apparently not going to happen. I know next to nothing about Obama so he is still a wildcard to me.
 
Well I'd rather have someone in office that is a mean crabby problem solver than a nice charismatic waste of oxygen. Not to name any names.

I would blame the problem on the media, but we had fantastically horrible presidents pre TV too, so who knows.

One think I really really like about G is his stance on issues to do with gays. He's like. . . ."Really, THIS is what you want to spend your time on??"

I have to agree, there are just so many more issues to iron out. We can get back to being mean later.

Also, he seems to have exactly my stance on global warming - it's complex, but we must look into it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?