Thursday, July 13, 2006

 

What I was thinking about yesterday

I had lunch with S (to borrow his super-impenetrable mechanism to keep real identities secret) at Sweet Tomatoes yesterday. We have developed a theory that we will always run into someone famous, based solely (I believe) on the fact that we once saw Jennifer Nettles there. Since the Nettles-sighting, we have been kind of celebrity-lite, although we do seem to always see at least one older woman evidently dressed as a clown. There must have been some period in fashion when it was OK to wear two different types of plaid at the same time.

This time, we hoped to run into Clark Howard, a consumer rights advocate that lives in Atlanta. Before heading to lunch I made a stop at Costco to buy my weekly fortune of diapers and formula, and I'm fairly certain that I saw Clark Howard in a different aisle. I don't think he needs more attention than he has so I let him shop. Plus, I'm not sure what I would say. I thought about it a lot as I shopped (in case we ended up next to one another in line) and I settled on "I love the sense of humor you have about your cheap-ass self!" Although I'd probably leave out "cheap-ass."

Comments:
Number 1 -

Apparently we saw Jeff from the Bert Show there post-Nettles.

Number 2 -

I woulda bought Clark Howard's meal, if he had been there. Just cause a) it would make a great story and b) i have a feeling he'd get a big kick out of it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?