Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

Great weekend

I had a really great weekend! Sean babysat all day Saturday so that Mark and I could see a movie (we saw "Devil Wears Prada" because it got good reviews and I was in the mood for uplifting) and go to dinner. (FOGO!!!!!!)

It was a great day out. I don't think Mark and I have made it out for both dinner and a movie since before Connor was born. I enjoyed the movie a lot, but it's the kind of formula I like. Streep was really amazing, I loved her, and I worked for someone scarily like her character back at MATRA. (We even called her the Dragon Lady.) I had a really good relationship with my dragon lady, though, because I was awesome at my job. ;)

Sunday Julie and company came over for a good visit. Connor is SO CUTE when Miguel gets here. He shrieks in joy when he sees Miguel. We had some grilled pre-marinated Costco chicken, it turned out very nicely for the effort it took to prepare it and it was even cheaper than ordering pizza. (But not much cheaper than making Costco pizzas, as Sean pointed out.)

The surprise of the weekend, though, was the show "Who Wants to be a Superhero." Naturally we had to watch this reality show, Mark being superhero-obsessed, but to my shock it was very cute and well done. People make up super hero personas and then compete for the opportunity to be immortalized in a comic. Stan Lee is the host/judge. Since they obviously can't test on how high a building these people can leap, they are testing their superhero morality. I heard the concept but wondered how they could really do that. Well I was totally delighted with what they did on the first episode, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has ever had a passing interest in superheros.

It's showing on Bravo, USA and Sci-Fi channels, so if you have cable you can probably still catch it.

Comments:
Ahem. I am not superhero-obsessed. Just because I have to watch every movie and television program that's even vaguely superhero-related, and I use online aliases that come from the names of superhero characters I made up, and would, if given an unlimited budget, gleefully read every superhero comic book published every week... that doesn't mean I'm obsessed. I'm just . . . mildly interested. Yeah. That's the ticket.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?